Learn About Homeownership:
Few decisions are more important than how to pay for or maintain your home. Question Big can help you stay smart and avoid mistakes.
Lesley Hudson
6 months ago
I am a permanent resident living in Texas. After 20 years I have no idea where my card is. I can not request a replacement online because I am not a citizen of the USA. I have my number but I am being told by my lender that it is an FHA requirement that they see my actual card. My question is, are they correct ? I have all other documents required and have never ever been asked for my actual card before.
Answer this question:

Please log in to submit an answer.

Best Expert Answer
Joe Wallace
6 months ago
FHA loan rules in HUD 4000.1 page 131 state: "Each Borrower must provide evidence of their valid SSN to the Mortgagee."

You can apply for a replacement Social Security Card by mail, for free, using the following form from the Social Security official site: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf
Our blog is brought to you by the knowledgeable group of counselors at FHA.com
Visit our website
Best Expert
Lesley Hudson
6 months ago
Many thanks, will do.
Ask a Question

Choose up to 5 tags (e.g. FHA loan). We'll recommend some, but you can change them if you want.
Thank you!
Please check the email address you registered with for your account confirmation. Then click the activation link to get started.
Question Big is a community of consumers and professionals sharing experiences, knowledge and advice.
Report Content
I'm reporting this because I think it is:
Report User
I'm reporting this user because I think the user is:
Report Company
I'm reporting this company because I think the company is:
Thank you!
Our team will review the content you reported and will take appropriate actions. We appreciate your contribution to the Question Big community.