Learn About Homeownership:
Few decisions are more important than how to pay for or maintain your home. Question Big can help you stay smart and avoid mistakes.
Gloria Vazquez
9 months ago
I'm 66 years old, retired, and on pension and social security, which is a fixed income. Can I qualify for the FHA down payment grant?
Answer this question:

Please log in to submit an answer.

Best Expert Answer
Joe Wallace
9 months ago
The FHA itself does not offer a down payment grant, but state/local programs may have plenty to offer you-you can search for programs in your state at the following link: https://www.fha.com/fha-downpayment-grants

And you can also make use of resources for state-by-state searches via the FHA/HUD official site: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states

Hope this helps!
Our blog is brought to you by the knowledgeable group of counselors at FHA.com
Visit our website
Best Expert
Ask a Question

Choose up to 5 tags (e.g. FHA loan). We'll recommend some, but you can change them if you want.
Thank you!
Please check the email address you registered with for your account confirmation. Then click the activation link to get started.
Question Big is a community of consumers and professionals sharing experiences, knowledge and advice.
Report Content
I'm reporting this because I think it is:
Report User
I'm reporting this user because I think the user is:
Report Company
I'm reporting this company because I think the company is:
Thank you!
Our team will review the content you reported and will take appropriate actions. We appreciate your contribution to the Question Big community.