Learn About Homeownership:
Few decisions are more important than how to pay for or maintain your home. Question Big can help you stay smart and avoid mistakes.
I would like to know if the buyer or seller is responsible for broker/agent commission fees.
Answer this question:

Please log in to submit an answer.

Best Expert Answer
Bruce Reichstein
2 years ago
The Real Estate commission is paid from the proceeds of the sale of the home. In most cases, the Seller pays the commission.
Experienced FHA and VA home loan mortgage banking for over 30 years.
Visit our website
Best Expert
More Answer:
Category Expert
Joe Wallace
2 years ago
That may depend on state law, and it may depend on what the seller and buyer negotiate in the transaction. In cases where state law is involved, HUD 4000.1 states: "If a Borrower is represented by a real estate agent and must pay any fee directly to the agent, that expense must be included in the total of the Borrower’s settlement requirements." Also, where applicable, "Payment of real estate agent commissions or fees, typically paid by the seller under local or state law, or local custom, is not considered an Interested Party Contribution" for the "six percent rule".
Our blog is brought to you by the knowledgeable group of counselors at FHA.com
Visit our website
Ask a Question

Choose up to 5 tags (e.g. FHA loan). We'll recommend some, but you can change them if you want.
Thank you!
Please check the email address you registered with for your account confirmation. Then click the activation link to get started.
Question Big is a community of consumers and professionals sharing experiences, knowledge and advice.
Report Content
I'm reporting this because I think it is:
Report User
I'm reporting this user because I think the user is:
Report Company
I'm reporting this company because I think the company is:
Thank you!
Our team will review the content you reported and will take appropriate actions. We appreciate your contribution to the Question Big community.